Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BP_Diigo Group

My Diigo Group page...in process!

For my Diigo group page, I have started some research in regards to my Action Research Project.  I have found some useful items via Diigo, such as a Web2.0 group.  Many of the followers of this group are in the education field, and contributed to the site with what they have found online to be useful.  

One of these sites are documentarywire.com.  This site allows its users to watch documentaries for free online.  As a history teacher, I can use this website in my classroom as a follow-up to lessons from class.  There are documentaries of the Nazis, the African Slave trade, and even about Hurricane Katrina.  I have always found that video lessons have been enjoyable to most students and we are able to have meaningful discussions afterwards.  This website will be a great tool to have. 

As far as Diigo in general, it is alright.  I think that by bookmarking my websites on a web browser, like Safari or Firefox, that I would be more apt to use them than Diigo.  I do like the sense of sharing these links with others who are interested, but again, I can do that from Facebook or similar websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment