Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 3-Practical Experience with Flash


Adobe Flash tutorial from howcast.com via YouTube


As I installed the Adobe Suite the first couple of days of having my new Mac, I was so excited to preview all of the programs.  Some of them I have used in my undergraduate studies, such as Illustrator and Photoshop, and others I use almost every day, like Acrobat.  

One program I would like to learn about is Flash.  I've heard about it, but really don't know much about it.  As I opened the program on my computer, I see some templates that remind me of Illustrator.  I open up the Advertising template and chose a size to work with.  It opens up and then I'm stuck...don't know where to go afterwards!  So, I looked on the learn section which led to the Adobe website.  I guess that I am a visual learner because all of that text was overwhelming!

So I finally went on YouTube, my answer and best friend in life.  I saw a video that explained how to create a simple animation with a blue box.  Then I realized what Flash is.  Flash is the component to websites that allows pictures to move, or animate.  Then I watched a video on how to create a Flash website.  It was a step-by-step process that seems pretty easy.  I will just have to sit down one day and play with it and see what happens.  I will also go onto Lynda.com and see what tutorials they have on Flash.  It seems like a very interesting program and I would love to gain more knowledge about it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment