Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 4-Practical Experience with Garage Band (Post #2)

Mixing via apple.com


One thing I would like to learn in Garage Band is to mix and loop tracks.  I know it can be done, and if I want to repeat a sound, it would be much easier and more consistent...and professional!  First, about mixing.  From researching online, and playing with Garage Band with tracks I already had, I learned how to look for if a track is clipping, and how to moderate the single and master tracks to prevent clipping.  It is very important to look at the volume monitor, where there are green and red colors.  If it gets to the red color, the track or whole set will clip and the volume and quality will be compromised.  Not everything on the loud setting would suffice for professional work.  As I record now, I will monitor track levels and adjust accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment