Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 3-Practical Experience with Google Docs

My Google Doc page...a little Full Sail & high school work!


I tend to find and create documents for school at home sometimes. For me to get it to and from school, my flash drive has been my best friend. But sometimes that best friend is lost, or taken by my 13 month old, and never found again! This is why I started using Google Docs. I love that I will never have a conversion problem because I am using a Mac at home and a PC at school. Also, I don't have to worry about losing my important documents again.

I would love to incorporate Google Docs in my action research.  I think that it will be a great tool for my students.  The only problem is that it is blocked by my school district.  It would be a great way for my classes to collaborate and to share items with one another.

As far as proficiency, I am good at basic creation, uploading, and sharing a doc, but that is about it.  I had no idea that you are able to create surveys, forms and draw on a Google Doc.  That is what I want to learn more about.  In TMD class, we created a survey from there and I thought that it was so cool!  With the templates and help section, it was definitely easy.  I know that I only scratched the surface though and want to learn more.  I know that on Lynda.com, there are tutorials on Google Docs, so I will be looking into that very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment