Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 2: Wimba

In this week's Wimba discussion, the class had a great conversation on Copyright.  Topics discussed during the session were about what can be copyrighted and how long it last, our reading on the 10 myths of copyright, and fair use.  Fair use was the topic that I was interested in.  The "Disney" film was used to explain this. I saw this film years ago at orientation into my school district.  I was so fixated on what type of person would take the time to splice famous Disney films to make this video!  I did not know that use can use a small bit of someone's work for parodies.  I knew that people would "make fun" of items from our culture, but I thought they would have to get permission, like how the instructor used the example of Weird Al.  I knew about with teaching and the news already, but this was useful information.

from creativecommons.org

No comments:

Post a Comment