Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 4 Reading: Art of Possibility Ch 9-12: Response to Pam


Media Asset Creation (MAC) Week 4-Art Of Possibility- End chapters
















I have recently added the phrase, "A vision articulates a possibility" to my Facebook page to see the comments that would be left. Since I am terrible with delayed gratification, after only one 'like' I moved onto my students to hear their comments. Some students were stuck at the word 'articulates' while others replied, "Oh yeah, yeah I get it Miss (for some reason all the kids use Miss instead of Mrs. such and such)." Anyway, I came to realize that students are the one who should be reading this book. The problem blocking most students is that they have no vision. Therefore blocking most possibilities and missed opportunities.

I look at myself. I always had vision and always steered my course to the direction I wanted it to go. I remember people asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I replied with specific details up to to the type of car I would drive. All have come true except my Eddie Bauer Explorer is a Kia Sedona (which most people think is the Cadillac). My visions determined my possibilities. I wish most of my students would see their visions like I saw (and still continue to see) mine, work towards those goals, and not miss opportunities that might belong to them. Like in the movie "Field of Dreams" if you build it, they will come.

Bruchetta Jones said...
This is so true that many of our students lack vision. I was somewhat doubtful about my middle school students because they seemed to never really care about much. My thoughts changed when I moved to high school and have students who are much older and more responsible. They are hoping for the best with FCAT and looking forward to college and working. This book would be a great gift to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment