Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 4 Reading: Art of Possibility Ch 9-12: Response to Curt


Week Four Reading - The Art of Possibilities 9-12















“A distinction is not a standard to live up to, but a framework of possibility to live into.”

The Art of Possibilities, Rosamund Zander, and Benjamin Zander, 2000.

Instead of commenting on just one part of the last chapters of this book, I would like to write down a few simple thoughts on the whole book:

This book has really got me thinking about I interact with the people around me, and how I react to the environment that surrounds me.
I have to remind myself that reality is simply my reality and the perspective I view it from can be so fluid from day to day and moment to moment.  I believe that it is up to me to create my world and to make sure that I try to tackle it from a positive and educated viewpoint and keep the WE factor in mind always.
I cannot say I have had a book that has stuck with me so well as the Art of Possibilities. 

Bruchetta Jones said...
I like you comment on that "reality is simply my reality". We are in control of making it positive, negative, neutral or a mix. This is a great concept to teach to our students, especially the ones who struggle academically, socially, mentally, etc. We need to be that driving force to them that positivity breeds positivity. Even when we don't feel it, which I know there are many days where I don't, we have to be positive and realize only ourselves are in control of our own destinies.

1 comment: